The animals we see in zoos have different kinds of fur, feathers, noses or beaks, and other features that help them live in all types of places. As you look at these animals with your children (at the zoo, in books, or online), encourage them to notice these features. Talk about:
- In what ways do they look similar to people? How are they different?
- What do they eat?
- What features help them get and eat their food?
- How might the color or pattern of their fur help them hide from other animals?
- What can we do that they can't do?
- What can they do that people can't do?